WHAT IS A CREATIVE LAB?
The goal of a creative lab is to create a complete theatrical dance show in less than a week. Tools used include the “Sprint” prototyping process to collaboratively conceptualize, prioritize and structure the show. Solo creative development and collaborative teamwork through structured improvisation and choreography will be utilized.
January 19-21, 2018: Creative Lab in Sante Fe, NM at Pomegranate Studios
January 25-March 8, 2018: 6 Wk Embodiment Intensive with Show on the 7th Wk.) at Bellyqueen in New York, NY
March 14-17, 2018: Creative Lab in Israel with Yael Becker
August 9-12, 2018: Creative Lab in Bali, Indonesia in Ubud. Organized by Allison Mulroy from Caravanserai Retreats. (Bellyqueen Teacher Training from August 3-7, 2018)
WHAT WILL YOU GET OUT OF IT?:
- An unparalleled learning and performing experience. No matter what your experience level, there is a role for you and you will be challenged
- Learn and be coached by 2 world-class dancers with collectively over 40 years dance experience
- Build your network of local and international dancers
- Improve your ability to work with others by learning to lead and follow
- Develop your acting and theatrical skills
- Increase your ideas for how to incorporate storytelling and characters into your choreographies
- Be inspired to be more creative
- Learn an innovative problem solving process that can be applied to other aspects of your life
- Learn how to build a theatrical dance production in a short time
RED OCEAN BLUE OCEAN SHOW
Red Ocean Blue Ocean is a theatrical dance show about our relationship with and impact on the ocean. We hope to raise consciousness and inspire individual and collective action to slow climate change. This show has been performed in Connecticut, USA on Nov 26th 2017 and is also scheduled to be performed in Bali, Indonesia on August 13th, 2018.
* Want a creative lab in your area about the Ocean or another topic of your choice?
Please contact Kaeshi by e-mailing her kaeshi @ gmail.com or call (917) 515-0168.
Kaeshi Chai is a world-fusion bellydancer who co-founded Bellyqueen and PURE (Public Urban Ritual Experiment), an international community of artists who create positive change through dance and music. Kaeshi has performed and taught internationally, and is an alumni member of the Bellydance Superstars and Jillina’s Bellydance Evolution. She curates the weekly Djam Under Jebon event showcasing dancers and musicians, and teaches at the Bellyqueen School of Dance and Steps on Broadway. Her mission is to develop bellydance as a stage art and explore it’s powerful, healing properties. www.kaeshi.com